- Client: Cottenham Parish Council, Cambridgeshire
- Project: New sports pavilion
We were approached by our client, Cottenham Parish Council, when they required a new pavilion for their recreation ground. The brief called for:
- four team changing rooms, showers and toilets
- two officials changing rooms, showers and toilets
- a function room served by a kitchen
- public and accessible toilets
- car parking
For the project to be financially viable it was necessary to obtain grants from the Football Foundation and Sport England, which set out exacting technical standards that have to be satisfied before funding is released. This project achieved these standards with a highly efficient layout which since been used by the Football Foundation as an exemplar!
The design had to respond sensitively to location to achieve planning permission. The impact of the development on the rural nature of the area was kept to a minimum by the retention of all mature trees, the use of traditional barn like roof profile and timber cladding.
The project was completed in October 2015 and cost £621,000.